Here are some basic directions / sub-projects Neuro4J is split on.
neuro4j-core has some core stuff:
- Network data model
- Basic storage functionality
- NQL query parser
- Logic processors
- Other core utilities
- neuro4j-workflow-common - contains ready to use blocks for logic processors.
- neuro4j-logic-web - flow integration for web applications
- Neuro4j Studio - Eclipse based UI designer
Networks can be persisted into various storages depending on needs: fast quering, huge data valume, ACID transaction support.
Here are persistent storages:
- neuro4j-storage-xml - Fast querying. Loads whole network into RAM. Handy for small (less then 100K nodes/relations) networks. Actual network size is limited by machines RAM volume.
- neuro4j-storage-solr - Supports large data volumes. Persists data in Apache Solr.
- neuro4j-storage-nms - Agregates multiple storages.
Network Management System (NMS):
- agregates / provides access to various storages
- provide Web UI for storage management and querying